|Master of Science in Nursing: Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner in Primary Care|
Credits: 39 credits
Program Length: 2 years
Start Dates: Rolling admissions
Instructional Method: Hybrid (on campus and online)
The Felician University Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) enables students to develop strategic leadership approaches to solving problems in organizations as well as advancing their professional careers while building awareness of the various aspects of the dynamic healthcare environment.
The MSHA program focuses on building core competencies including the ability to integrate and apply 21st century leadership concepts, work in and manage teams, communicate effectively to multiple audiences, make better business decisions, and demonstrate personal and organizational ethical and professional standards. Advanced courses include scholarly project work and an optional executive field placement/capstone. Using an interdisciplinary approach that examines the healthcare industry from a nursing and business perspective, students increase their strategic thinking, decision making and teamwork competencies through online discussions, major papers, executive summaries, in class discussions, and case presentations, building critical thinkers who dig deeper and question the how and the why. Most importantly, our commitment to ethical decision making is unique – preparing healthcare leaders who reflect the Franciscan mission within a global society and world class health systems.
Why our M.S. in Healthcare Administration Program?
- Membership in a cohort where students share work experiences and learn about working in a team environment.
- Convenience of a schedule of courses that meet one night a week for eight weeks.
- Participation in a cohort where students share work experiences and learn about working in a team environment
- Annual Symposium with key note speakers
- Optional one-week study abroad program in Dublin, Ireland
- Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society
Admission and Program Requirements
Program Objectives and Outcomes
Upon completion of the M.S. in Healthcare Administration program, students will learn to develop and demonstrate:
- Knowledge of population health and status assessment; organizational development; human resource management of healthcare employees; information systems management and assessment; legal principles; and governance and leadership in healthcare organizations.
- Proficiency in health policy formulation, implementation, and evaluation; management and structural analysis of healthcare organizations; operations assessment and improvement; conducting market analysis; strategy; quality assessment for patient improvement; and synthesizing and applying concepts.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis; economic analysis and decision theory; and finance.
- Ethical decision making through demonstration of a love for learning and the Franciscan values, and consideration of moral and philosophical ethical issues when making business decisions to achieve individual and organizational responsibilities in business context.