NEW CHECKOUT PROCEDURES 2/20/2020
As you may have read from President Prisco’s email, Felician University will be moving to virtual learning for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Due to the extreme circumstances around the COVID-19 virus, we are taking extraordinary actions to help mitigate the spread of the virus. That being said we are asking all students to return to the Residence Hall to retrieve their belongs. Our goal is to facilitate a checkout process that is orderly and keeps crowds on campus to a minimum. Please read over this information carefully before you call or email. We anticipate lots of questions and may not be able to respond to everyone as quickly as we would like. Thank for your patience!
If you are currently on campus
- We will be reviewing previous requests and let you know if you have been approved to stay until the end of the Spring 2020 Semester. Meal service will continue to be available on campus. Note that after other students have left, some of you may be asked to move to different buildings on campus.
- You will be notified by Friday, March 20th, at 4 PM If you are currently on campus and not approved to stay longer please make arrangements to move out by noon on Monday, March 23rd.
- Students living in off campus, university provided housing will be brought back to campus if they qualify to remain in housing.
If you are currently on campus and able to leave
- We ask that you check out as soon as possible. There is no need to sign up for a departure time. Once your room is empty and clean, please complete an express check out envelope and drop it in the box next to Elliott Security.
If you are currently away from campus and need obtain your belongs
Please log in to your self-service portal (https://felician.datacenter.adirondacksolutions.com/felician_thdss_prod/overview.cfm) and look under “Assignments.” Appointment times are 45 minutes. We are offering a limited number of spaces available in each building per time slot to prevent crowds in the buildings as people check out. It is important that everyone arrive during their appointment time. Appointments will be available daily from Friday, March 27th until Sunday, March 29th.
- If you are being picked up by family members, please ask them to wait in the parking/loading areas. Please ensure that anyone coming to campus is not experiencing symptoms of illness, including fever, cough or difficulty breathing. Anyone who lives in or traveled to areas with large numbers of COVID-19 cases should not come to campus.
- Unless you have written permission from Residence Life AND you appear on the housing list you are not permitted to remain on campus and must vacate before Monday, March 23rd at noon.
- If you live beyond 250 miles from campus (based on the address the University has on file with the Registrar’s Office) and cannot come in person to gather your belongings in this time frame, please contact ResLife@Felician.edu.
If you are currently away from campus and took your belongings
- If you took all your belongings home there is no need to return to campus. Simply let us know by emailing ResLife@Felician.edu.
- If you accidentally took your keys home please place them in a padded envelope and mail them to:
1 Felician Way
Rutherford NJ 07070
If you cannot find an appointment time that works for you:
- Please email ResLife@Felician.edu with the date and time that you would like to arrive, and we will respond with instructions. Times must be within the stated guidelines, so you are home prior to 8 PM
- You will need to bring your own boxes and hand trucks; no bins or hand trucks will be provided. When packing your belongings, we request that all family and friends remain in their vehicles. If you require assistance, please work with members of the community already in the residence halls to pack your things
- Please coordinate with your roommate so that you do not pick the same checkout appointment and practice social distancing while on campus.
Express Check Out
- After your room is empty and clean, you can seal your keys in an Express Check Out envelope, clearly print your name, building, and room on the envelope. Drop the key envelope off in the Drop box next to Elliott Security, and Check Out through your self-service account. Envelopes will be available at security in Milton and Elliott.
What are my options for storage?
- Several local storage companies are currently offering discounts to college students. Here is the contact information for a local provider:
Carlos Canaan, General Manager
U-Haul Co. of East Rutherford
20 Poplar Street
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Phone: 201-355-5818 Ex.814077
I have items to donate. Is there a way to do that?
- Unfortunately, due to the quick turnaround with planning, we are not able to collect donated items like we normally do at closing time. If you have items to donate, please seek out local service organizations such as Goodwill.
- We will sincerely miss having you on campus for the rest of the school year. Thanks for your patience as we work through some very challenging circumstances. We’re looking forward to seeing you all again when it is safe to return.
Ronald A. Gray, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
One Felician Way
Rutherford, NJ 07070
At Felician University, we believe that on-campus housing provides a unique learning experience. Our Staff strives to “Create Home” – a home away from home for all of a student’s university years.
In order to achieve that sense of home, we establish an environment in which students have the greatest possible opportunities to grow – spiritually, intellectually, and socially – in an atmosphere that fosters the freedom of inquiry and action, as well as a respect for cultural diversity. Residence Life is one of many offices that work to provide opportunities designed to bring students to their highest potential.
As with the whole University community, we too are committed to fostering a love for God, self-knowledge, service to others and a love for learning within the greatest liberal arts tradition of our Catholic/Franciscan/Felician heritage.