Hello, future Honors Program student!
Felician University invites students with strong academic records to join the Honors Program and strive toward graduating as an Honors Scholar. Selection into the program is a clear recognition of your academic achievements and leadership potential.
As an Honors student, you become part of an experience that is all-encompassing – one that takes you from the classroom out into the world due to your coursework, the Honors service requirement, and the extra-curricular activities available to you. This wide variety of academic experiences creates a foundation of preparedness for your role in society, applying to graduate and professional schools, and a lifetime commitment to service and leadership.
Joining the Honors Program
- Incoming students with high SATs (minimum 1130) and a minimum of a 3.4 overall high school average will receive a letter in their admission packets inviting them to join.
- First-semester freshmen with B+ averages and transfer students with less than 36 transfer credits and past cumulative averages of B+ are encouraged to become Honors students.
Honors Quick Facts
- Honors classes are smaller in size than traditional classes, allowing for close interaction with professors.
- Honors classes explore subjects in greater depth, engaging in critical reading, writing, and laboratory experience.
- Honors classes enable students to conduct independent scholarly research with faculty guidance.
- Honors classes are available to students in any major due to the program’s flexibility.
Graduating from the Honors Program
After completing a minimum of 27 credits of Honors courses, 90 service hours (15 hours a semester for any six semesters), and the requirements for your bachelor’s degree, you will receive the designation of Honors Scholar on your diplomas and transcripts, and wear the Honors medallion at your graduation ceremonies.
Learning Outside of the Box!
Honors students are encouraged to take part in co-curricular activities ranging from special presentations by invited speakers to out-of-state conferences.
- Honors Students Association – Connect with other Honors students to plan activities on and off campus. You will also have the opportunity to apply for the St. Catherine’s Medal for Service as an underclassperson and admission to Kappa Gamma Pi in your senior year. Keep informed of club activities through the online newsletter: “Honors News and Notes.”
- Model United Nations – Join the Felician University team and compete at the annual Harvard National Model UN Competition in Boston.
- Collegiate Honors Council and Northeast Regional Honors Council – Felician students have the opportunity to attend regional conference and present their research before a scholarly community at the annual conferences.