Program Director, Graduate Nursing and Online RN/MSN FT, Instructor
School of Nursing
Obal Hall, Room 203, Second floor
- Licensed in New Jersey and New York
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Certified Emergency Nurse, Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse – Specialist, American Board of Occupational Health Nurses
- E-Learning Certificate, Felician University
- DNP, University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, PA
- MSN, University of California Los Angeles, School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA
- BSN, San Diego State University, School of Nursing, San Diego, CA
Clinical Area of Specialization
- Occupational and environmental health, emergency, forensics
Professional Presentations/Scholarly Activities
- Regular Contributor, Working Nurse Magazine. (2010-Present)
- Margaret M. Dick Quasi-Endowed Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing (2016)
- Enid Goldberg Award, Sigma Theta Tau Eta Chapter (2016)
- Lois Norton Award, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing (2015)
- Poster Presenter, “Evidence-Based Education for Patients Prescribed an Opioid, “ American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN, April 2018.
- Waszak, D.L. & Fennimore, L.A. (2018). A quality improvement project to improve the quality of education provided by nurses to emergency department patients prescribed an opioid analgesic at discharge. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 44(4), 336-344.
- Waszak D.L. & Fennimore, L.A. (2018). Achieving the IOM’s six aims of quality in the midst of the opioid crisis: Considerations for the Emergency Department. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 43(6), 512-518.
- Waszak, D.L. & Holmes, A.M. (2017, Sept). The unique health needs of post-911 veterans: An evidence-based literature review. Workplace Health & Safety, 65(9), 430-444.
- Book Contributor. (2016), Chapter 14: Forensic Examination of the Sexual Assault. In Suspect Sexual Assault Victimization Across the Life Span, 2nd Ed, Vol 1: Investigation, Diagnosis, and the Multidisciplinary Team. Florissant, MO: STM Learning.