School of Nursing
Obal Hall, Room 302, Third floor
Phone: 201. 355-1141
- Licensed in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
- Certification Board of Healing Touch International
- Advanced Board Certified Holistic Nurse, American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Wound Care Certified National Alliance of Wound Care
- President of the American Holistic Nursing Credentialing Corporation
- DNP, Case Western University, Cleveland, OH
- MS, Russell Sage College, Troy, NY
- BS, The University of the State of NY – Regents College, Albany, NY
- Diploma RN, St. Vincent’s Hospital School of Nursing, NY
Clinical Area of Specialization
- Holistic Nursing, Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist; Community/Public Health
Professional Presentations/Scholarly Activities
- “Holistic Assessment” “Introduction to Healing Touch”, “Guided Imagery for Self and Others”, “Holistic Nursing in the U.S.” and “Cultural Awareness: Appreciation of ‘Others’, applying Cultural Caring Models” Universidad Europea de Valencia (Spain), International Nursing Week, May 2015, Spain
- Frisch, N. C. and Rabinowitsch, D. (2019). What’s in a definition? Holistic Nursing, Integrative Health Care, and Integrative Nursing: Report of an integrated literature review. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 37(3), 260-272. doi.org/10.1177/0898010119860685
- Rabinowitsch, D. (2017). Clinical considerations – Going deeper. Healing Beyond Borders Perspectives in Healing (2nd Quarter), 12.
- Rabinowitsch, D. and Fasano, C. (2014). Nurse Scholar Residency Program: Obtaining a BSN in one year while gaining clinical competence. ADVANCE for Nurses (Sept. 2014 edition).
- Taught, “Healing Touch Sweden,” 2-3 times each year in various locations.
- Podium Presentation with Dr. Noreen Frisch, Dean of the School of Nursing, University of Victoria, British Columbia, “What’s in a definition: Integrative or holistic nursing and healthcare,” Third International Integrative Nursing Symposium, Galway, Ireland, May 22-24, 2019
- Poster Presentation, “Facilitating Healthcare Transformation through Holistic Nursing Certification,” Third International Integrative Nursing Symposium, Galway, Ireland, May 22-24, 2019
- Poster Presentation, “Facilitating Healthcare Transformation through Holistic Nursing Certification,” The Valley Hospital 3rd Annual Holistic Health Conference, Washington Township, NJ April 30, 2019
- Workshop Presentation, “Presented initial findings of a review of the literature on the definition and use of the terms “Holistic Nursing”, “Integrative Nursing”, “Holistic Health Care” and “Integrative Medicine,” American Holistic Nursing Association 38th Annual Conference, Niagara Falls, NY, June 8, 2018
- Taught “Foundations of Healing Touch,” Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY, Feb. 24-25, 2018
- Workshop Presentation, “Introduction to Healing Touch,” “Guided Imagery for Self and Others,” “Holistic Nursing the U.S.,” and “Cultural Awareness: Appreciation of Others’ Applying Cultural Caring Models,” Universidad Europea de Valencia, Spain, May 7-12, 2015
- Workshop Presentation, “Nurse Scholar Residency Program: A Model for seamless RN to BSN completion while developing clinical competence,” National League for Nursing Educational Summit, Phoenix, AZ, Sept.