Computing & Information Technology Librarian
Lodi Campus Library
- Pratt Institute | New York, NY | MSLIS
- ALA accredited Master of Science in Library and Information Science -Advanced Certificate in Archives
- Pace University | New York, NY | BA -BA, Sociology & Anthropology, Art minor
- New Jersey State Professional Librarian Certificate, Thomas Edison State University, 2017
- Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate, The State University of New York, 2017
- Brightspace e-Facilitation Certification, Felician University, 2018
Alison Cole is the Computing and Information Technology Librarian at Felician University, Assistant Professor, and library liaison to the School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Education. Prior to joining Felician in 2017, Alison completed her graduate studies practicum in reference and user services at Brooklyn Historical Society’s Othmer Library. In addition, Alison held the position of Adult Services Reference Librarian at the Hasbrouck Heights Public Library and continues to work part time in public libraries. Alison is passionate about information access and has been volunteering with New York Public Library’s Correctional Services program for over three years. She is a proponent of open access and has given numerous workshops and presentations on open educational resources and copyright for both faculty and students.
- LS100: The Architecture of Information
Publications, Presentations, and Professional Contributions:
- Presentation: “Sunday StoryTellers,” co-presented with Jodi Shelly at the VALE/ACRL-NJ/NJLA CUS Users’ Conference, January 2020, Long Branch, NJ.
- Co-Producer, Radio Felician & Felician University Libraries’ “Sunday StoryTellers” program, with Jodi Shelly, Executive Producer; Jeff Shelly, Producer; Kaitlyn Clohosey, Host. Felician University.
- Presentation: “The Open-NJ Open and Affordable Educational Resources Collection: Creating a Digital Space for Faculty Connections,” co-presented with Marilyn Ochoa, Middlesex County College; Mayra Aley, Middlesex County College; Laura Bishop, The Hun School of Princeton; Matt Bridgeman, Middlesex County College; Smit Shah, Middlesex County College; Mohamad Sherif, Middlesex County College; Mark V. Sullivan, Sobek Digital at the VALE/ACRL-NJ/NJLA CUS Users’ Conference, January 2020, Long Branch, NJ.
- Presentation: “Meet Your OER Ambassadors,” co-presented with Ken Karol, Passaic County Community College; Janet Marler, Ocean County College; Marilyn Ochoa, Middlesex County College at the VALE/ACRL-NJ/NJLA CUS Users’ Conference, January 2020, Long Branch, NJ.
- Presentation: “What is OER?” at the VALE OER Regional Workshop (North), October 2019, County College of Morris – Randolph, NJ.
- Presentation: “What is OER & Where Do I Find Resources?” at the VALE OER Regional Workshop (South), October 2019, Ocean County College – Toms River, NJ.
Attended weeklong training at the Open Textbook Network’s Summer Institute and Summit (OTNSI). July 2019, Chaska, MN.
- Ambassadorship: Appointed VALE OER Ambassador, with co-ambassadors Ken Karol, Passaic County Community College; Janet Marler, Ocean County College; Marilyn Ochoa, Middlesex County College. Appointed by VALE for the 2019 – 2020 academic year to attend OTNSI and lead a one year, coordinated, statewide effort to advance OER and textbook affordability in NJ higher education.
- Panel Participant: “Felician’s Integrative Academic Advising Initiative participants” panel at The Transformative Power of Integrative Academic Advising Symposium, June 2019, Felician University – Rutherford, NJ.