Dr. Maria Vecchio
- PhD, Fordham University (1976)
- MA, Fordham University (1972)
- BS, Fordham University (1970)
Born in Corona, New York, I graduated from the former Holy Cross Academy on 42nd Street and 8th Avenue in New York City over fifty years ago. I settled with my husband in New Jersey and am a grandmother of three.
Field(s) of Interest/Expertise
Europe from the French Revolution to the Present. Women’s History, Latin America, United States from the American Revolution through the Cold War.
Courses Taught at Felician University
- HIST 101 Ancient Societies through the Middle Ages
- HIST 103 The Age of Nationalism
- HIST 104 World War I to the present
- HIST 110 World Geography and Culture
- HIST 130 Honors The Enlightenment
- HIST 210 The Family in American History
- HIST 220 Latin America
- HIST 315 Women in History
- HIST 340 Aging in America
- HIST 420 The Renaissance
- PSCI 101 Introduction to Political Science
- Dissertation: The Influence of Republican Ideology on New Yorkers, 1775-1801: An Examination of the British Libertarian Heritage.
- Voyages in World History
- Listed in Acknowledgements for role in editing Valerie Hansen and Kenneth R. Curtis’s textbook, Voyages in World History, Wadsworth Cengage Learning, 2010.
- Felician College Honors Program
- In Peterson’s Guide to Honors Programs.
- The Honors Program at Felician College
- National Collegiate Honors Council Northeast Regional Newsletter, Fall 1994.
- Formulating a One-Credit Honors Seminar
- Co-authored with Dr. Margaret Gardineer, Felician College, National College Honors Council
- Northeast Regional Newsletter, Fall 1994.
- Chapter on English history and revisions in chapter on the French Revolution in Robin Winks’ textbook, World Civilization: a Brief History
- Collegiate Press, 1992. Acknowledgement appears in List of Contributors.
- High School and College Spanned Via Bridge Program
- Paceworld, January-February, 1981.
- Associate Professor of History, Felician University, 1985 to present
- Academic Success Coach, Academic Success Center, 2017 to present
- Director, Honors Program, Felician University, 1989-2014
- Faculty Moderator, Model UN, 2004-2014 Adjunct (1972-1990): Pace University
- Fordham University
- New York Institute of Technology
- Mercy College
- College of Mount St. Vincent