Academic Support Services
The Academic Success Center works to connect undergraduate students with the resources needed to achieve academic success. We want every student to make steady academic progress and graduate on time. Learn more about each of our services we offer to help you reach your academic goals.
Tutoring Services for Academic Success
Receive free tutoring from professional tutors and/or peer tutors in our on-campus Tutoring Studios or if work, family, of other responsibilities prevent you from coming to our on-campus Tutoring Studies take advantage of Felician’s 24/7 online tutoring provider. For more information about on-ground or online tutoring contact Sr. Elizabeth Morley, Coordinator of Tutoring Services, phone 201-559-6118, or email email@example.com, or come in person to Kirby Hall room 220.
Skills you can develop through tutoring:
- Improved writing and reading skills.
- Better understanding of mathematical/science concepts.
- Access resources needed to complete assignments.
- Note-taking and textbook reading methods.
- New study and test-taking strategies.
- Time management skills.
Academic Success Coaching
Do you wish you had a coach to help you get through the challenges of your course work and college life? We have the solution – sign up for an Academic Success Coach!
- Focus on your individual goals and identify steps to reach them.
- Identify and overcome obstacles that may impede success.
- Develop the academic skills and strategies needed to become a self-regulated learner.
- Explore effective time management and organizational skills.
- Connect to helpful University and community resources.
Early Alert Intervention Program
Our faculty care about our students and want to provide every chance for them to succeed. If an instructor is concerned about specific issues that might impede a student’s success, a referral is made to the Early Alert Intervention Program.
Students who are exhibiting poor academic performance, class participation, and/or attendance issues can work with a team of faculty and staff to identify and develop new strategies for success. Our students find the “wake-up call” very helpful to keep them on course.
Undeclared Discovery Program
- A first-year curriculum composed of general education and interdisciplinary courses.
- A specialized First Year Experience (FYE) course specifically designed for undeclared/undecided students to explore majors and participate in Career Services activities.
- A dedicated Academic Success Coach/Advisor who meets regularly with students until a major is chosen.
- Useful resources designed to meet a student’s needs and succeed.
Services for Students with Disabilities
Felician University is committed to providing equal access to students with documented physical, sensory, learning and psychological disabilities. We work with students on a case-by-case basis to determine reasonable accommodations in accordance with the policies underlying Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amended Acts of 2010.
Prospective and enrolled students are required to initiate contact with this office to receive services or to arrange appropriate accommodations. We welcome any questions and requests for information.