|Dinelia Garland, MA
Director of EOF
Administrative Assistant, EOF
What is EOF?
The New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund was created in 1968 to ensure meaningful access to higher education for those who come from backgrounds of economic and educational disadvantage. The EOF program is dedicated to empowering each student so they can thrive throughout their University years and beyond.
The Fund assists low-income New Jersey residents who are capable and motivated but lack adequate preparation for university study. EOF is distinctive in the comprehensiveness of its approach.
Undergraduate grants range from $200 to $2,650 per year depending on college cost and financial need. Graduate grants range from $200-3,000 annually. EOF grants are renewable each year based upon satisfactory academic progress and continued eligibility.
EOF scholars are supported academically through a wide array of campus-based support services including counseling, tutoring, meetings and workshops. All incoming freshmen in the EOF Scholars Program must complete the Summer Program before registering for the fall semester.
To qualify for the EOF Scholars program you must:
- Demonstrate an educationally and economically disadvantaged background;
- Be a New Jersey resident 12 consecutive months prior to receiving the award;
- Meet the academic criteria set forth by Felician’s admissions criteria;
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application.
Gross income and assets must fall within the criteria shown below:
|2020-2021 EOF Income Eligibility Scale with Asset Cap Calculation|
a Household Size of
Not to Exceed
|Asset Cap Calculation (Not to exceed*) * = Based on Household Size for ALL Students|
|***||Add $8,840 for each additional family member||Add $1,768 for each additional family member|
For each additional member of the household add $8,320
*Pending State Approval/subject to change
EOF Graduate Grants
The New Jersey Educational Opportunity Fund provides financial assistance and support for a small graduate program. The objective of the graduate EOF program is to increase participation in graduate and professional study of New Jersey residents from backgrounds of historical poverty. Students who received EOF grants as undergraduates shall be given priority consideration for EOF graduate grants. These students are presumed to have met the financial eligibility criteria for graduate EOF as long as they continue to demonstrate financial need. Graduate grants range from $200 annually to $3,000. These grants are renewable based upon continued eligibility.
- Must demonstrate an educationally and economically disadvantaged background
- Must be a New Jersey resident 12 consecutive months prior to receiving the award
- Must be a full-time graduate student as defined by Felician University graduate programs.
- Must meet the financial eligibility criteria as defined in the undergraduate section.
- Must be in a degree/certificate program with a minimum requirement of 24 equivalent semester hours and be at least one academic year in duration.