You and your family may need assistance to meet the cost of a university education. We will help you through the financial aid process to ensure you receive the maximum amount of aid (based on your eligibility) from all the financial aid programs including grants, loans and employment.
The Financial Aid Office determines all aid awards based on methodology legislated by federal and state government agencies. By filing the FAFSA, a student is applying for federal, state and institutional aid. The Financial Aid Office reviews each FAFSA result for completeness and accuracy.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Be accepted by the University for Admission to a degree or eligible certificate program,
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for federal and/or state grants. The FAFSA is available online. If you do not have access to a computer you may request a paper version from the Financial Aid Office. The Felician University federal code number is 002610.
- Online processing time for the FAFSA takes 2-3 business days. The Department of Education will notify you when your application is processed and will provide you with a Student Aid Report (SAR).
- The Office of Student Financial Services can assist you in filing the FAFSA. For assistance, e-mail or contact us at 201.559.6010. Visit “Seven Easy Steps to the FAFSA” for additional tips.
- Each student and at least one parent should apply for a Federal Student Aid ID. Detailed instructions are available to create an FSA ID.
- Complete the FAFSA.
New Jersey State Aid
- File the FAFSA by April 15 to be eligible for the New Jersey Tuition Grant.
- Visit the HESAA web site. Create an account to use HESAA’s online services.
- Click on the link that says New Jersey State Grant Questions.
- Be sure to add Felician University, New Jersey as your school choice.
- Our school code is 002610.
- Notify HESAA that you will be attending Felician University. This ensures that Felician is notified of any state aid that the student may be eligible for.
- Click Submit
List of NJ State/HESAA Aid programs for which students may be eligible
- Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- Tuition Aid Grant (TAG)
- Governor’s Urban Scholarship (GUS)
- NJSTARS II
- NJCLASS Loan