Students Living in University Housing
Students who live in housing (on-campus and off campus at the AVE and the Hotel) must return home or be authorized to remain on campus if they meet the following criteria for their Virtual online learning through the designated period. The University settings present unique challenges during a pandemic because of the density of students living and studying in close quarters. We are focused on decreasing the potential health risk to the University community by following the CDC guidelines, state and county guidelines, the Office of Emergency Management, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We understand that, for a variety of reasons, some students cannot return home. We will authorize individual students to ensure they can remain on campus. Residence Life and Dining Services will continue to be available for those approved to remain in housing, using the following criteria to guide decisions:
- A student who faces housing insecurity (homelessness or a precarious living situation)
- A student who faces financial insecurity
- A student previously certified “independent for the purposes of financial aid”
- An international student
- A student who is working on campus
- A Resident Assistant (RA)
- A student currently Student Teaching
- A student who faces food insecurities
- A student whose home is beyond 150 miles from the University
The University Residence Life Guest policy is rescinded during this time; visitors will not be allowed in the residence halls.
Students who must remain in Felician University-provided housing during this time must register with the Office of Residence Life (ORL) by clicking here.