Counseling Center Services
The Counseling Center will continue to operate and offer services during the delivery of online classes as a result of the current coranavirus outbreak. If you choose to vacate the residence halls, are uncomfortable with face-to-face contact right now due to the coronavirus, are self-quarantining, or are ill, we can facilitate phone sessions with you.
We will offer phone sessions by appointment based on clinical assessment for case appropriateness during the business hours of 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. only. Session duration and frequency will depend on demand, triaging urgency of presenting concerns, and clinician availability.
After Hour Emergencies
If you need assistance after office hours, you can:
- Call 201-262-HELP (4357) – 24/7 Hotline at New Bridge Medical Center
- Call the National Suicide Prevention 24/7 Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). For Veterans, press 1.
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741.
- If a resident or in the residence halls, contact Security to contact the Residence Life On-Call Administrator (OCA) at 201-559-3561.
- Contact Campus Security at 201-559-3561 or call 911.
- Contact Healing Space, Sexual Violence Resource Center 24/7 Hotline at 201-487-2227.
- Contact Trevor Project, 24/7 Lifeline for LGBTQ+ concerns at 866-488-7386.
- Go to the closes emergency room.