Dean for the School of Business and the Center for Innovation an
School of Business
Phone: Ext. 3326
Office: Mary Martin Hall, Room 104
Deirdre Letson-Christofalo, Felician University’s Dean for the School of Business Innovation and Professional Studies, has been with Felician University for approximately one year. She is responsible for the administrative and academic functions of the School and is the leading advocate of its faculty, programs, and students to the business community and other external constituencies.
Prior to coming to Felician University, Dr. Letson-Christofalo served as Centenary University’s Vice-President for the School of Professional Studies and Enrollment Management. Prior to her role at Centenary, Dr. Christofalo worked for the leading software provider for the restaurant industry, serving in the capacity as a Corporate Trainer and Instructional Designer.
Dr. Letson-Christofalo’s interests include, design thinking and innovation, change management, strategic thinking, andragogical innovation, learning centered teaching practices and educational policy. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University, a Master of Arts degree in Administration and Supervision of Adult Education and Training from Montclair State University, an Ed.D in Organizational Leadership – Higher Education from Nova Southeastern University, and a Certificate in Design Thinking from Stanford University.
Deirdre teaches courses in management, organizational behavior, research methods, design thinking and innovation, and leadership.
- B.A., Fairleigh Dickenson University
- MA, Montclair State University
- Ed.D., Nova Southeastern University
- Certificate in Design Thinking and Innovation, Stanford University
Field(s) of Interest/Expertise
- Design Thinking
- Organizational Change
- Strategic Thinking
Courses Taught at Felician University
- Fundamentals of Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Ethics of Business
- Change Management
- Design Your Life
- Research Methods
- Social Responsibility in Business
- Human Resources Management
Activities of Note
- “Retaining Students, Retaining Standards – Academic Rigor in Accelerated Programs.” Presented at the 2012 CAP Conference, Denver CO, 2012.
- “Faculty Development for 21st Century Adjuncts.” Presented at the 15th Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning, Orlando FL, 2009.
- “Team Based Course Design for Adult Learners.” Presented at the 15th Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning, Orlando FL, 2009.
- “Team Based Course Design for Adult Learners.” Presented at Stony Brook’s Innovations in Education Colloquium, Stony Brook, NY, 2009.
- “Research on the Benefits of Team Based Course Design for Adult Learners.” Presented at the 14th Annual Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning, Orlando FL, 2008.
- “Integrated Student Services for the Adult Student Population.” Presented at the CAHEE National Student Services Conference, Newport Beach, CA, 2006.
- “Career Services for the Adult Student Population.” Presented at the CAHEE Adult Learning Conference, Phoenix, AZ, 2005.