|Master of Science in Nursing: Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner in Primary Care|
In addition to a completed application, the following are required:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a program accredited by a national accreditation agency and approved by the Board of Nursing with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Official transcripts of past collegiate work including post-baccalaureate work.
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in New Jersey.
- Two professional and/or academic references.
- A notarized copy of the photo page of a government-issued identification such as passport or driver’s license.
- Successful completion of undergraduate courses in:
- Nursing Research
- Health Assessment
- Personal statement
For International Students
- A minimum score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL or 550 on the paper-based TOEFL is required of graduates of non-English speaking countries.
- International academic credentials are reviewed by an international accrediting agency (World Education Services) on an individual basis.
View the graduate catalog for additional admissions criteria.
Required Courses – MSN Family Nurse Practitioner in Primary Care
40 CREDITS / 650 CLINICAL HOURS
|NURS 502: Policy, Advocacy and Ethical Legal Issues in Healthcare||3|
|NURS 505: Advanced Clinical Pathophysiology||3|
|NURS 510: Nursing Research: Application, Utilization and Evaluation||3|
|NURS 530: Advanced Health Assessment (60 NRSC Hours)||3|
|NURS 540: Pharmacology/Prescriptive Practice||3|
|NURS 600: Scientific Underpinnings of Practice||3|
|NURS 605: Primary Care of the Adult-Gerontology Population I||3|
|NURS 615: Primary Care of Women||3|
|NURS 625: Primary Care of the Adult-Gerontology Population II||2|
|NURS 626: Clinical Practicum: Primary Care of the Adult-Gerontology Population I (195 HRS)||3|
|NURS 635: Primary Care of the Pediatric Population||3|
|NURS 636: Clinical Practicum: Primary Care of the Pediatric Population (65 HRS)||1|
|NURS 637: Clinical Practicum: Primary Care Across the Lifespan I (195 HRS)||3|
|NURS 638: Clinical Practicum: Primary Care Across the Lifespan II (195 HRS)||3|
|NURS 645: Advanced Practice Nursing Seminar||2|
Please note: Course offerings are subject to change.