Counseling Center Services
The Counseling Center will continue to operate and offer services during the delivery of online classes as a result of the current coranavirus outbreak.Managing Corona-Virus Anxiety
Counseling Center Services During On-Line Classes Only
All Counselors will be available remotely beginning 3/18. We will offer phone contact by appointment based on during the business hours of Monday – Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm only. Session duration and frequency will depend on demand, triaging urgency of presenting concerns and clinician availability.
After Hours Emergencies
If you need assistance after office hours, you can:
- Call 201-262-HELP (4357) – 24/7 Hotline at New Bridge Medical Center.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention 24/7 hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
For Veterans – Press 1
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741.
- If a resident or in the residence halls, contact Security to contact the Residence Life On-Call Administrator (OCA) at 201-559-3561.
- Contact Campus Security at 201-559-3561 or call 911
- Contact Healing Space, Sexual Violence Resource Center 24/7 Hotline at 201-487-2227
- Contact Trevor Project, 24/7 Lifeline for LGBTQ+ concerns at 1-866-488-7386
- Go to the closest emergency room