Through a partnership with Sussex County Community College (SCCC), Felician University offers a bachelor’s degree program in elementary education onsite at SCCC. Earn a Bachelor of Arts in Education with a co-major in English, allowing you to become certified to teach at the kindergarten through 6th grade level.
- Complete two accelerated courses every eight weeks – courses offered on site in the evening at SCCC or online. You can work full time while you earn your degree.
- Tuition rate is 30% lower than traditional Felician undergraduate rate. You may qualify for financial aid if you maintain full-time student status.
Points of Interest
- Complete a total of four field placements to learn more about classroom management, instruction strategies, and assessment methods.
- You must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA to formally apply to the School of Education at the start of your junior year. Prior to enrolling in EDU 304–Junior Practicum, you must pass the appropriate Praxis Core Exam.
- After the field classes are completed, full-time clinical practice takes place five days a week for 15 weeks.
Application Requirements for SCCC Students
- Completed application.
- All official college transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation (from faculty or employers)
- Personal statement
General Education Commons Courses
|Faith and Reason (300-400 level)||3 credits|
|Ethics, Values and Truth (300-400 level)||3 credits|
Professional Education Course Requirements
|Curriculum includes field experiences and seminars, clinical practice, and education courses such as: Transition into Teaching, Educational Assessment, Mathematical Explorations, School Curriculum, and Reading in the Content Areas.|
Related Education Requirements*
|Communication in Educational Settings||3 credits|
|Philosophical Foundations of Education||3 credits|
|Introduction to Child Development||3 credits|
|Educational Psychology||3 credits|
English Course Requirements*
|Literatures in English I||3 credits|
|Literatures in English II||3 credits|
|Critical Perspective on Literature||3 credits|
|Senior Research in English||3 credits|
|Medieval English Requirement||3 credits|
|Renaissance English Requirement||3 credits|
|18th and 19th Centuries English Requirement||3 credits|
|Modern to Post-Modern English Requirement||3 credits|
|Children’s Literature||3 credits|
|Literatures in English III||3 credits|
|*Some of these course requirements may be fulfilled through approved courses at SCCC.|