You are here
Felician College strongly supports military veterans, active duty service members and their families, and is dedicated to making a Felician education as accessible as possible for them. We offer dedicated financial benefits and have created uniquely tailored programs to help them achieve their educational goals.
- Felician College is a chapter under the National Student Veterans of America
- Enter a degree program specifically designed for the military.
- Apply ACE military credits toward your degree.
- Attend classes with other military and adult students.
- Study full-time in the evening with fast-track, nine-week sessions and qualify for full Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH).
- Reduce financial obligation of attending college with the Felician College Military Grant, available in addition to military educational benefit programs.
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA): all currently serving members of the US Military (Active Guard Reserve) are eligible for up to $4,500.
- Benefit from the expertise of our specialized Military Service staff.
Felician College Military Grant*
Grants are available to all military veterans from any conflict era. Felician has designed special grants for all veterans, active duty service members, and their families when they enroll in our degree programs. These grants are available in addition to military education benefits.
Proud members of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium
Felician College will limit academic residency to twenty-five percent or less of the degree requirement for all degrees for active-duty servicemembers and their adult family members (spouse and college-age children). In addition, there are no "final year" or "final semester" residency requirements for active-duty servicemembers and their family members. Academic residency can be completed at any time while active-duty servicemembers and their family members are enrolled. Reservist and national Guardsmen on active-duty are covered in the same manner.
*Grant will not exceed the cost of attendance.
Fully Participating Yellow Ribbon Institution
The Post-911 G.I. bill provides veterans a tuition benefit equal to the highest in-state tuition rate at public institutions (please visit the VA website for rates). If a veteran meets certain requirements, they are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program, and will receive additional benefits to help meet the tuition rates of participating private institutions. Felician College, as a Yellow Ribbon Participating Institution, has chosen to offer the highest possible contribution rate of 50%, with a matching contribution from the VA, and does not limit the number of veterans who can attend Felician under the Yellow Ribbon program. This means that veterans can attend Felician for no out-of-pocket cost if they meet the following criteria:
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and they served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- Are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
Felician Degree Programs and Military Grant for Adult and Graduate, Students
Our Degree programs have been designed specifically to meet the needs of veterans and members of the military. This fast-track program features evening classes in nine-week sessions that allow you to further your education with other veterans and adult students while working during the day. Attending only two classes per session qualifies veterans for full BAH. Bachelor Degree programs include; Business, CS, Criminal Justice,Cybersecurity, Professional Studies, Healthcare Administration, Education or an associate degree in Liberal studies for those unsure of what track to follow.
Dedicated Military Services Staff
Our highly knowledgeable Military Services staff is here to answer your questions and to make sure that veterans and actively serving members of the military receive the maximum financial benefits available to them while they are Felician College Students. You may qualify for more tuition assistance benefits than those of which you are aware. Please contact our Coordinator of Military Recruitment for more information.
What you should bring when meeting with an admission counselor:
- Certification of Eligibility
- Previous College Transcripts
- Military Transcript
Please Contact our:
Military Coordinator, Diane Sedlmeir
201-559-6102 or email.
Veterans Student Support Specialist, Seirra Botsakos
201-559-6000, extension 6225 or email.