You are here
Learning & Resources
Alcohol-Wise is an online alcohol education program for entering first-year students that is implemented by the Counseling Center.
It is designed to reduce risk, educate freshmen students about the harmful effects of alcohol, and positively impact the campus culture.
Alcohol-Wise offers students a learning experience that helps motivate safer decision-making and promote student engagement for creating a healthier campus community.
This collection of Virtual Pamphlets is published online by university counseling centers nationwide. The following resources may help you understand these topics and how they relate to university students. You are encouraged to start browsing!
Real stories - University students are especially at risk for depression. Half of all university students reported being so stressed that they could not function during the past year. In these brief videos, university students share their stories about their struggles and how they connected with appropriate resources.
Medical and Psychological Links
The following sites offer substantial information on a variety of topics that address medical and psychological issues.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics World Service
- Al-Anon of New Jersey
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous Northern New Jersey
- Alcohol Screening
- American Association of Suicidology
- American College Health Association
- American Council for Drug Education
- Be Responsible About Drinking (BRAD)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Children of Alcoholics Foundation
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Drug Help
- Eating Disorders
- Families Anonymous
- Had Enough-Binge Drinking
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Mayo Clinic
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACoA)
- National Health Information Center
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- NIDA - Drugs of Abuse Information
- NJ Gam-Anon Intergroup
- Overeaters Anonymous
- Quit Smoking, Smoke Free
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
- Students Against Destructive Decisions
- Treatment Locator Database
- U.S. National Library of Medicine