The Post-Masters Certificate in Executive Leadership has been developed to meet the needs of nurses who have a master's degree in nursing for advanced roles as nurse executives in the healthcare field. This program gives nurses, who are currently in administrative positions or who desired to obtain a position in nursing administration, the knowledge base required for these positions. The classes are offered in evening sessions via a cohort-based model with a hybrid delivery method, blending classroom and e-learning. The program sequence is offered in 8 week sessions.
Core Requirements for admission to the Post Master's Certificate in Executive Leadership program include:
- A completed application.
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by a national accrediting agency.
- 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in New Jersey. The licensee cannot have any pending disciplinary action against their nursing license from any Board of Nursing.
- Submission of two professional and/or academic references from persons qualified to judge applicant's ability to succeed in graduate study.
- Submission of all official academic transcripts.
- International academic credentials are reviewed by an international accrediting agency (World Education Services) on an individual basis.
- TOEFL scores of 79-80 (550) are required of graduates of non- English speaking countries.
- Criminal history background check(s) or other requirements mandated by the practicum site.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate course in statistics and a graduate course in nursing research.
The program of study is 24 credits comprised of courses already offered in the Master of Science in Nursing Program. The Post–Master's Certificate Program student can meet program requirements in the following ways:
- Complete: 24 credits at Felician College
- Transfer credits from another graduate program accredited by a national accrediting agency. Credits must have been earned within the past five years, and the student must have received a grade of B or higher. The Associate Dean of the Department of Graduate Nursing will determine the equivalency of courses and transfer credits on an individual basis after the student has been accepted into the program. A minimum of 12 credits must be completed at Felician College.
- Credit bearing academic course work may be accepted with the approval of the Associate Dean of the Graduate program.
Certificate Requirements for Executive Leadership (24 credits)
- NURS 600 Scientific Underpinnings of Practice
- NURS 610 Principles of Administration and Leadership
- NURS 620 Critique of Quality and Safety Practices
- NURS/CIS 630 Information Systems/Technology and Management of Data
- NURS 640 Regulatory and Risk Management Issues in Healthcare
- NURS 650 Strategic Planning and Project Management
- NURS 660 Executive Field Placement I: Professional Role Development Project
- NURS 670 Executive Field Placement II: Change Project