The 42 credit Education track curriculum prepares registered nurses with a BSN from a professionally accredited academic institution, to assume roles as faculty in higher education, educators in health care organizations, educators in continuing education settings, and patient, family and community educators.
The Education track curriculum features eight professional core courses (24 credits) which are based on, and are in compliance with, the AACN Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing and five courses (18 credits) in advanced study in education. The program is designed to build on your clinical expertise and provide a practicum experience as a nurse educator. Completion of the program requirements is possible in just over two years. A Master of Science in Nursing Degree is awarded after successful completion of the program. Graduates of the program are prepared to pursue doctoral study and may apply for national certification based on eligibility requirements.
42 Credits Education Track plus 60 clinical hours and 60 practicum hours
Requirements for admission to the MSN Education program include:
- A completed application.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from a program accredited by a national accrediting agency, and approved by the Board of Nursing.
- 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in New Jersey. The licensee cannot have any pending disciplinary action against their nursing license from any Board of Nursing.
- Submission of two professional and/or academic references from persons qualified to judge applicant’s ability to succeed in graduate study;
- Submission of all official academic transcripts.
- International academic credentials are reviewed by an international accrediting agency (World Education Services) on an individual basis.
- TOEFL scores of 79-80 (550) are required of graduates of non- English speaking countries.
- Criminal history background check(s) or other requirements mandated by the practicum site.
- Identify clinical placement site location and preceptor for clinical experience.
- Successful completion of undergraduate courses in nursing research, statistics, pathophysiology and health assessment.