You are here
Global Citizenship Institute
Gain an Edge on Your Future College Education!
The Global Citizenship Institute is Felician College’s pre-college program, allowing both U.S. and international high school students to earn 3 college credits in just 3 weeks.
Felician is one of approximately 30 colleges in the U.S. that has been granted prestigious Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) status by the United Nations. The college’s strong ties with the United Nations (U.N.) have helped foster the foundation of the Global Citizenship Institute.
- Earn three college credits while developing a holistic understanding of what it means to be a global citizen in today’s society.
- Learn how to examine the global community through both classroom and off-campus experiences.
- Gain a greater understanding of how to meet the challenges of the 21st century with an informed mind and understanding heart - in just three weeks!
Summer 2014 Dates: Sunday, July 6 - Saturday, July 26, 2014. Please see program schedule for more details.
The Global Citizenship Institute is a comprehensive program that not only teaches students the importance of being a global citizen in today’s society, but also gives high school students the chance to experience life on a college campus.
As a student, you will participate in various seminars and activities, concentrating on the U.N.’s Eight Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Agenda to help develop your understanding of the definition of global citizenship. Multiple visits to the United Nations are included in the program to help with development of your knowledge.
Throughout the course of the program, you will learn to identify global issues through a multicultural, multisectoral lens and, in the end, apply what you have learned to issues affecting your home country or region of the world.
We also make sure that you have fun during your 3 weeks here at Felician. Located only 10 miles from New York City, you will have the chance to explore the City. The Institute also includes going to a Broadway Show, Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park, shopping at Woodbury Commons Outlets, and visiting Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; the home of America's Declaration of Independence!
Chaperones will be provided for all on-campus and off-campus activities. All GCI participants are required to live on campus.
About the Professors
- All Global Citizenship Institute students are required to live on campus.
- GCI participants will be housed in our newly refurbished residence hall on our Rutherford campus. Students are placed with another camp participant, of the same gender, in double rooms with a shared bathroom in a suite style setting.
- Residence halls accommodate male and female occupants.
- Our residence halls all have air-conditioning, furniture, and WIFI access. Linens and maid service are included in the cost of the program.
- 24-hour security and Residence Life staff members are available during off-hours for any type of emergency.
Come join us for this exciting experience! There will be many other students living on campus during the summer from all over the world, so you will have the chance to experience a wonderfully diverse college environment during your time at Felician!