You are here
MSN Nursing Administration
Credits: 30 credits
Program Length: 2 years
Start Dates: Rolling admissions
Instructional Method: Online
Take the next step toward successfully becoming a nursing executive, director of nursing, chief nursing office, nurse manager or wellness program director. In Felician’s MSN Nursing Administration Program you will develop the overall skills and competencies for establishing administrative procedures to improve patient care, implementing health policy strategies, and becoming an ethical leader in a culture of excellence. Our nursing professors have extensive real-world healthcare experience and are certified to design and facilitate online courses. The curriculum for the MSN Nursing Administration is based on the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) Nurse Executive Competencies.
Program Objectives and Outcomes
- Integrate nursing science, biophysical sciences, and psychosocial sciences into the planning and delivery of patient-centered and population-focused care.
- Assume a leadership role in effectively initiating innovations in safety and quality improvement.
- Synthesize quality and safety evidence to promote an interprofessional culture of excellence.
- Critically evaluate evidence from the literature for translation into diverse practice settings.
- Integrate current and emerging technologies into quality improvement strategies to optimize health outcomes.
- Implement health policy initiatives, which focus on clinical prevention and optimal health for vulnerable populations while advocating for social justice, equity, and ethical polices in health care.
- Utilize collaborative strategies within the interprofessional healthcare team to improve patient and population health outcomes.
- Implement patient-centered and population-focused clinical prevention strategies to improve health outcomes.
- Apply advanced knowledge to the design, implementation, and evaluation of patient-centered and population-focused care.
- Act with ethical comportment in all aspects of advanced nursing practice.