You are here
If you have a sincere commitment to a healthcare career, you might prepare for a career as a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) through the pre-professional program at Felician University. Podiatry is a field of medicine that strives to improve the mobility of patients of all ages, working with the foot, ankle and lower leg, diagnosing illness and injuries, and performing surgery. Podiatrists treat everything from sports injuries to congenital defects to bunions to diabetes-related problems.
Pre-professional Program at Felician University
- Complete approximately 96 pre-professional credits (47 credits in the General Education Curricular Commons and 49 credits in required natural sciences and related courses) within the first three years at Felician. You must complete your coursework at Felician University with a 3.00 GPA and earn a minimum of “C” in all specified science courses.
- Apply to the New York College of Podiatric Medicine at the end of your second year at Felician, one year prior to your desired term of entry into the podiatry program. Applications must be received by June 30 for September admission the follwoing year.
- Earn your Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) from New York College of Podiatric Medicine upon completion of the remainder of the required coursework (approximately three additional years).
Applying to the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.00 and a minimum grade of “C” in all math and science courses.
- Attain MCAT scores at least equal to NYCPM’s current minimum.
- Secure a satisfactory evaluation in a personal interview.
- Submit three favorable letters of recommendation.