You are here
Do you possess problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, patience, physical stamina, and the ability to work closely with a variety of people? Think about a career as a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT). Physical therapy is a health care profession that provides services to patients to develop, maintain, and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout the lifespan.
Pre-professional Program at Felician University
In the pre-professional Physical Therapy Program, you will spend about three years at Felician University and earn your Bachelor of Science in Biology from Felician University upon successful completion of your first year of courses at Rutgers University School of Health Related Professions (Rutgers-SHRP).
- Complete approximately 96 pre-professional credits (47 credits in the General Education Curricular Commons and 49 credits in required natural sciences and related courses) within the first three years at Felician.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Felician University upon successful completion of your first year of courses (45 credits) at Rutgers-SHRP.
- Earn your Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from Rutgers-SHRP upon successful completion of the remainder of the required coursework (approximately two additional years).
Applying to Rutgers-SHRP
- Maintain a competitive GPA (A–B range).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the physical therapy profession through work or volunteer experience, and provide evidence of community service and/or leadership.
- Formally apply to the Rutgers-SHRP Physical Therapy program for the professional component of the program by October 1 of your junior year.
- Obtain competitive scores on all three sections (verbal, quantitative and analytical) of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Provide three letters of recommendation, including two from physical therapists.
- Arrange a personal interview.