You are here
An Academic Coach assists students with navigating through the challenges of higher education. The Academic Coach works one-on-one with students to:
- Provide students with the academic skills and strategies needed to become self-regulated learners.
- Understand learning styles and identify a preferred learning style.
- Explore ways to adapt to different teaching styles.
- Help students identify and overcome obstacles that may be impeding academic success.
- Help students focus on individual goals and identify steps to reaching those goals.
- Develop strong time-management and organization skills.
- Motivate students to take ownership of their own academic success.
- Monitor student progress to graduation.
- Serve as guide for sustainable academic success by connecting students to Felician and community resources.