The Felician College New Student S.O.A.R. Program is an interactive session that provides essential information sessions, introduces concepts of college culture and assists students in navigating buses, buildings, services and resources available on the two campuses in Rutherford and Lodi. It is designed to ease the transition of new undergraduate students into the academic, social and extracurricular communities of Felician College. Beginning with the New Student Orientation program and Welcome Week, we aim to help students acclimate to the Felician campus and to develop the tools needed to succeed in their first year. All sessions are held on the Rutherford Campus.
Student Orientation Leaders will serve as hosts and share their experiences with new students. Administrators and faculty will also be present throughout the sessions to answer questions and give advice about your educational future.
Phone: (201) 355-1457
What is required prior to attending orientation?
Prior to attending orientation, you must do the following:
- Pay your $150.00 admission deposit (This is the most important step to receive your pre-orientation information).
Ways to Pay:
- Send a check, made payable to:
One Felician Way
Rutherford, NJ 07070
- Take all your required placement exams
What can I expect to do during orientation?
- To meet fellow freshmen and upper class men as well as faculty and staff and be introduced to Felician
- To be welcomed to Felician by a Senior Administrator
- To complete most of the processes needed to get you ready for the start of the semester (i.e., parking decal, ID card, computer passwords, etc.)
- Receive your class schedule and have an opportunity to make changes, if needed
- Learn about things to do on campus, such us joining clubs and organizations, programs run by housing, international travel opportunities, etc.
- As a parent, to learn about how you can help your son or daughter be successful at Felician
- Meet with the financial aid and bursar office to answer questions.
What about my parents?
Parents are strongly encouraged to attend parent orientation which is being conducted simultaneous with the student orientation.