You are here
Teacher of Students with Disabilities Endorsement
Post-Baccalaureate Endorsement with option for Master of Arts in Education
Have a positive impact on how children with disabilities learn in the classroom. Acquire the tools and knowledge needed to ensure the compassionate and competent education of children with disabilities.
Designed for students who are working on certification or already hold New Jersey teacher certification, this 21-credit program leads to the Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD) endorsement.
- Evening classes held at the Rutherford campus - complete your post-baccalaureate coursework while working full time.
- You may choose to enter the Master of Arts option toward the end of endorsement coursework (final two semesters). You must receive a “B” or better in all coursework and maintain a 3.0 to be granted entry to the master’s program.
- If you are seeking certification during the MA option, you are required to pass PRAXIS CORE exams and maintain a 3.0 GPA in the program.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Gain the theoretical knowledge needed to recognize the diverse needs of your students.
- Learn the effective instructional practices to improve academic achievement and socially acceptable behavior of students with special needs.
- Know the proper assessment tools to measure developmental functions and capabilities, and how to interpret results from commonly used assessments.