You are here
Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
Inspire, empower and collaborate to positively impact the lives of students. Learn the skills that will allow you to move confidently into leadership or administration fields.
- Two concentrations available - complete at your own pace:
- Supervision Endorsement - 36 credits
- Principal Endorsement - 36 credits (requires 300-hour internship over the course of one full year)
- Day and evening classes available in traditional semester format so you can complete your degree and/or licensure while working.
- Classes held at the Rutherford campus - easy access from major highways in northern New Jersey.
- 12-credit Post-Master’s Certificate in Supervision also available.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Gain the skills and competencies necessary for a demanding professional position, with caring and compassion to ensure that all children receive an excellent education.
- Promote meaningful change in curriculum, instruction, assessment, school structures and culture that lead to improved teaching practices and increased student achievement.
- Develop the ability to research, analyze and present research findings to colleagues and professional organizations.
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate program with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (flexible)
- Official transcripts of past collegiate work including post-baccalaureate work
- Copy of New Jersey teacher’s license
- Teaching experience:
- Two years for Supervisor Endorsement
- Three years for Principal Endorsement
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- $40 application fee