You are here
We create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every day. Did you know that 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years? Every time you download an app, post to social media or use your cell phone GPS, you are participating in the giving and receiving of big data.
Business intelligence and analytics, or big data, have become top priorities to companies of all types and sizes, creating an abundance of opportunities for highly skilled and well-trained professionals to lead within this growing field. The role of a business analyst is to mine data and generate insights to drive strategic planning in an efficient and ethical way.
- Data analytics
- Predictive modeling
- Data-driven business decision-making
Points of Interest
- Solve complex issues in business administration using the case approach – learn from “real world” situations as you develop your knowledge and skills in this field.
- Work on case studies individually and in teams, making class presentations and completing written assignments to strengthen your communication skills.
- Take advantage of Felician’s location in the greater New York City area – business administration majors are within minutes of various internship opportunities at many business organizations.
- Build a portfolio demonstrating mastery of the core competencies and present your portfolio during the capstone course.