You are here
Are you curious about the billions of living organisms that inhabit our planet? When you are a biology major at Felician College, you will have the opportunity to study the living world from the smallest cells to massive ecosystems. Biological sciences span a wide range of interests that includes anatomy and physiology, molecular biology, ecology and evolution, and health-related biology. With a strong foundation in the basic principles of biology, you will have many career options available to you.
If you wish to pursue a career in a health-related profession, Felician College offers several accelerated, pre-professional programs with cooperating professional schools. These programs include: Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Respiratory Therapy Technology, Medical Imaging Sciences, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Audiology, and Podiatry.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Minor in Biology – 19 credits in biology courses
- Concentration in Biochemistry – 49 credits in biology and chemistry courses to prepare for entry into graduate programs and careers such as pharmacology, biotechnology, and chemical analysis.
Points of Interest
- Plan and execute an original, hands-on research project in your senior year. You will complete this one-semester project in either biology or chemistry under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Get a head start when applying to post-graduate programs! Qualified candidates receive departmental letters of reference.
- Haven’t decided on a career direction? Switch easily between the biology major and our pre-professional programs, and vice versa, with our flexible curriculum.
- Gain practical experience in laboratory techniques in our newly renovated laboratories.
- Learn to think critically about complex scientific matters and ethical consequences as you prepare for the many challenges of modern society.
- Develop an appreciation of Catholic/Franciscan values as they relate to the practitioner of science.