You are here
Allied Health Technologies
Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Technologies (AHT) awarded jointly with Rutgers University School of Health Related Professions (Rutgers-SHRP) and offers training in Respiratory Therapy on the Newark Campus of Rutgers.
Features of the Articulated Program
You must complete specific preprofessional coursework at Felician College before you continue your professional coursework in Respiratory Therapy at Rutgers–SHRP.
- You may attend Felician College as a full-time or part-time student for the preprofessional courses.
- Professional coursework at Rutgers-SHRP usually requires 15 months of full-time study.
- Respiratory therapists are required to be licensed in New Jersey. As a graduate of an accredited school of respiratory therapy (Rutgers-SHRP), you will be eligible for entry-level licensure and advanced practitioner examinations offered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Respiratory Therapist Overview
- As a respiratory therapist you will care for patients who have difficulty breathing, from premature babies to the elderly.
- You will learn to diagnose, treat and manage patients with disorders of the cardiopulmonary system. You may also participate in the education and preventative care of patients with respiratory disorders.
- Employment of respiratory therapists is projected to grow 19 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations, according to the Bureau for Labor Statistics (bls.gov).