Mary E. Norton, Ed.D.
International Awards and Honors
- Fulbright Award - “Direct Access to the Muslim World
- Fulbright Alumni Initiative Award - Implement E-learning in Jordan
- US Information Service – Doha, Qatar -“Health Care Ethics Seminar"
- Finland Fulbright Inter-Country Grant - “Health Care Ethics Seminar"
- Fulbright Senior Scholar Award - University of Jordan to develop the Master of Science in Nursing Program - Amman, Jordan
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society in Nursing - Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dame of the Order of Malta
- Columbia University -Teachers College - New York, NY - Nursing Alumni Hall of Fame
- Felician College - President’s Medallion
- New Jersey State Nurses Association - CARE Award - “Excellence in Education”
Internationally Funded Research and Proposals
- Scientific Committee - University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan “Risk factors for breast cancer in Jordanian women.” Collaborative project with Jordanian colleagues - Published.
- Pallottine Fathers Award- for the – BSN Upper Division - International Educational Program in Merida, Yucatan
United Nations Selected Activities
- Secured Non-Governmental Organization status for Felician College (one of twenty seven in the world)
- Felician College Representative - United Nations Department of Public Information - NGO (DPI/NGO)
- First Vice President - Executive Committee - DPI/NGO - Representing 1300 NGOs worldwide
- United Nations presentation: “Human Security and Dignity in the Middle East.” Video produced while on Fulbright Award
- Chairperson - 63rd Annual United Nations- Department of Public Information-Non Governmental Organizations Conference – Melbourne, Australia “Advance Global Health: Achieve the MDGs”
Courses Taught at Felician University
HUM 451 United Nations Seminar
HUM 453 United Nations Fellows Program
NU 410 Community Health Nursing
NU 425 Role Development - Leadership/Management
NU 450 Nursing Research
NU 550 Ethical Legal Dimensions of Nursing (Graduate/Undergraduate)
NU 599 Scholarly Project