You are here
About Our President
Anne M. Prisco, Ph.D. was elected Felician University’s fifth president in July 2012 as the first new president in 28 years and the first secular leader in the Catholic school’s history.
A Brooklyn, NY native, Dr. Prisco holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona (1979) with highest distinction, an M.B.A degree in Finance from Fordham University (1984), and a Ph.D. in Economics and Education from Columbia University (2000).
With more than 30 years of experience, Dr. Anne Prisco brings a unique combination of administrative skills and academic experience in higher education. Collectively she has served as an administrator, faculty member, researcher, and consultant. Prior to her tenure as President of Felician University, Dr. Prisco served as Vice President of Enrollment Management at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles for six years.
Dr. Prisco has published a variety of scholarly works including:
- “Minorities, women, higher education, and employment: A dichotomous tale of unequal access and wage gains,” Women’s Studies Review (New York: Lehman College of the City University of New York, 2003)
- “Trends in wage differentials in Italy during the 1990s: Why a university degree now matters,” Young Economists’ Conference, The Book of Abstracts. (Oxford University, England, 2000)
- “Federal Policies and Higher Education in the United States,” (New York: Alliance for International Higher Education Policy Studies, 2001)
- “The Influence of Changes in Financing Strategies on the Rules of the Game and Outcomes in Postsecondary Education in the 1990s,” (New York: Alliance for International Higher Education Policy Studies, 2001)
As president of Felician University, Dr. Prisco has successfully improved and implemented a series of changes in University practices and policies, leading Felician University through a transformational period. These changes encompass curricular developments, facilities enhancements, and adoption of a new strategic plan that honors Felician Franciscan values and prepares the University for a promising future - "A 21st Century Education Based on Timeless Values.”
Along with her passion for higher education and service to the Felician University community, Dr. Prisco is highly involved in various professional and civic engagements including:
- National Association for Independent Colleges and Universities: Student Aid Committee
- Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities: Trustee; & Committee on Retention
- Excelencia in Education: Founding President for Hispanic Student Success
- Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey: Trustee
- Meadowlands Regional Chamber of Commerce: Trustee; & Education & Workforce Development Committee
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of New Jersey: Trustee
- New Jersey President ‘s Council: Trustee, Academic Issues Committee
Dr. Anne Prisco was recently honored with the Woman of the Year Award by the Boys and Girls Club of Lodi/Hackensack.
Dr. Anne Prisco is married to her loving husband Stephen Sergi, a professor of business at Felician University. The couple has two children, Zachary and Louis.