You are here
Post Masters Certificate: Nursing Education
The Post Master’s Certificate curriculum prepares nurses with a master's degree in nursing for the advanced role of nurse educator. A post master’s certificate is awarded after successful completion of the program. Participants may then take a national certification examination based on eligibility requirements.
- A completed application.
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by a national accrediting agency.
- 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in New Jersey. The licensee cannot have any pending disciplinary action against their nursing license from any Board of Nursing.
- Submission of two professional and/or academic references from persons qualified to judge applicant's ability to succeed in graduate study.
- Submission of all official academic transcripts.
- International academic credentials are reviewed by an international accrediting agency (World Education Services) on an individual basis.
- A minimum score of 79 in the Internet-based TOEFL or 550 on the paper-based TOEFL is required of graduates of non- English speaking countries.
- Criminal history background check(s) or other requirements mandated by the practicum site.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate course in statistics, and graduate courses in nursing research, pathophysiology and health assessment.
The program of study is 24 credits comprised of courses already offered in the Master of Science in Nursing Program. The Post–Master’s Certificate Program student, can meet program requirements in the following ways:
- Complete: 24 credits at Felician University
- Transfer credits from another graduate program accredited by a national accrediting agency. Credits must have been earned within the past five years, and the student must have received a grade of B or higher. The Associate Dean of the Department of Graduate Nursing will determine the equivalency of courses and transfer credits on an individual basis after the student has been accepted into the program. A minimum of 12 credits must be completed at Felician University.
Course Requirements for Education (24 credits)
- NURS 550 Ethics, Human Diversity, and Social Issues
- NURS 555 Academic Enterprise: Effective Innovative Instruction
- NURS 565 Curriculum Design and Evaluation in Nursing Education
- NURS 575 Evaluation Methods in Nursing Education
- NURS 592 Nurse Educator I: Combining Clinical Expertise and Educational Design
- NURS 593 Nurse Educator II: Role Practicum and Seminar
- NURS 600 Scientific Underpinnings of Practice